laowai days

Tales of an American college girl in Beijing

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Going to the Department Store

Yesterday after lunch Ningxin, Shuyi, Lili and I went to the store to look at the pretty clothing. I looked at prices and divided them by 8 and decided they were still too expensive, even though I would really like to purchase a sweater because I literally wear the same sweater every day. "It's your specialty," said Aijia when I pointed this out.

Chinese vendors are really pushy. "You like this? You want to try it on?" I actually had one lady in a department store pull me by the arm and measure my hips with a measuring tape. "Just looking, just looking," I insisted. They had so many pants! The majority of their clothes were, unfortunately, "Nainai clothes," but I will probably go back some other time.

I can't access my own blog (I hypothesize Chinese censorship), but someone drop me a line and let me know if it has exciting pictures of Beijing on it yet.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Such lovely pictures. Now I have to check two 'blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home