laowai days

Tales of an American college girl in Beijing

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Today Lili, Kunning (my roommate) and I went to the nearby Korean restaurant for lunch. It's a little bit bu san bu si - their specialty is dog - but they have a very good dish. It's served in a super hot iron bowl, and when you get it it's just a raw egg and rice and vegetables and seasonings all arranged in little piles, and you stir it really fast until it's cooked and then eat it. It's very good but a little expensive (11 kuai for the vegetarian version), as foreign food tends to be in Beijing.

Next week or the week after that we're leaving for Sichuan, which is super exciting. My roommate, who was here last semester, says that lots of people are going to get drunk and sleep together, which pleases me in a sort of evil way because I do so enjoy other people's drama. (I've been away from Smith too long.) Plus we're going to see pandas. Drama, pandas, and oranges - what else could anyone wish for?

After lunch I read an old copy of Bitch for awhile and then came to the gym and listened to Sleater-Kinney and now I'm feeling all high-school nostalgic and wanting to smash the patriarchy. Sleater-Kinney would probably be excellent live. I think they're still touring but I could be wrong.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Indeed they are touring but the closest they are coming to where you are is Germany

http://www.sleater-kinney.com/index2.php

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Sichuan Spring Break would be a great title for a movie.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Lily said...

Good for you, reading 'Bitch'. Reignite that feminist spark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home