laowai days

Tales of an American college girl in Beijing

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Simultaneously the coolest and most horrifying thing that has happened to me EVER.

So I've mentioned our blockbuster hit movie, Wang Ba Dan ("If you see only one movie this year made by fourth-year Chinese students, make it this one!"), and how at one point B. and I throw cupfulls of small change on the ground in front of the bus stop to see what would happen. Well, yesterday I found out that this stunt made the papers. I haven't seen it yet myself, but our teachers inform us that it ran something like this: "Two foreigners and someone who looked Chinese threw money on the ground at a bus station. The Chinese citizens present were angry and confused."

We're notorious! I was somewhat horrified when I heard, but our teachers seemed to find it amusing, so I guess it's all right. And here I thought the high point of my film career would be being voted the best of the three films made by the class. We actually made the paper!

I think my work here is just about done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home